Saturday, September 14, 2013

Item #33 - Climb Wascana Hill in Douglas Park and watch a sunset

Friday the 13th was a beautiful day... 30 above in mid-September??? We'll take it!

As I drove home from work, I noticed there were wispy-looking clouds all over the sky and I thought this could be 'the' night to watch a sunset from Wascana Hill - perfect weather and a great set up (cloud-wise) for something spectacular!

I arrived and walked up the hill about 15 minutes before the sun actually set and started snapping pictures. I had time to look around the city and surrounding area from my vantage point, which did appear to be the area of highest elevation around - other than the landfill, of course.

I was treated to a very nice sunset after which the remaining clouds all went pink. It was a beautiful night!





 


No comments:

Post a Comment