Saturday, August 9, 2014

#41 - Attend a Regina Red Sox baseball game

Attending a Regina Red Sox game had been in my original '40 Things' list last year, but the season ended before I realized it had and the home team didn't make it into the playoffs. I then struck this item from the list because I still naively thought I could do all '40 Things' in one year. Yes, ha-ha-ha.

Anyway, when I decided to continue my list for the upcoming year and add a few bonus items to the list, this item made it back on. But would you believe I just about missed my opportunity to see a game again this year? If the Red Sox hadn't made it to the post-season this year, I would have been out of luck once again!

Fast forward to a very warm summer evening in August and I finally made it to a game! I had hoped to be joined by a baseball-loving female friend, but it wasn't to be.

Although I was glad I had finally made it to a game, I was disappointed that I didn't enjoy the experience more. Why? I'm not sure... probably a number of reasons, but none of them matters very much now. What did I learn? Most things are more fun to experience with a friend or a loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment