Wednesday, July 17, 2019

T-2 Weeks 'til I'm Debt Free!

I almost can't believe it! In two weeks - when I get paid at the end of this month - I will be debt free! It feels so good and so freeing to know my remaining debt total is under $1,000. There truly is light at the end of the tunnel! I can do this!

This last year and a half since I decided to push through and get rid of my debt has been challenging to say the least. I have fought, cried and wanted to give up so many times. My debt battle has taught me patience, perseverance, strength and endurance - all of which I thought I had (and maybe did), but I have grown stronger in each of these areas.

I encourage everyone to take charge of their future by dealing with their past, whether this means financially, emotionally, physically, etc. Having debt is living life in the past - you are paying for what you've already consumed or experienced - and saving is planning for the future. Using a car analogy, do you want to live your life looking through the rear-view mirror (debt) or looking through the windshield (saving and planning)? I choose the windshield. I hope you do too.


No comments:

Post a Comment