Sunday, April 7, 2013

Item #1 - Go Snowshoeing

Well, I can cross another item off my list... Today I went snowshoeing!

We had a pretty nice day for it with temperatures around zero, fresh snow that arrived overnight, and our walking surface was fairly solid - not too much sinking into the snow. We walked some ridges along a fence line, crossed a frozen creek and some grassland, and walked around a golf course still very buried in snow. Pictured below my friend Dorothy and I are snowshoeing on snow drifts 4-6 feet off the ground.

I've cross-country skied since I was little, so am far most used to a gliding motion than a high-stepping motion on snow, but it was fun to try. I've lived in Saskatchewan all my life and it's about time I gave snowshoeing a whirl!



No comments:

Post a Comment