Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Item #36 - Play my first solo concert on the bells

Tonight I played my first concert on the bells at Knox Metropolitan Church!

Over the last few months I put together a program of pieces I've been learning. Each concert begins with a Psalm, ends with an Amen, and is made up of pieces we've been working on over the last year. Here is my concert program:

1. Psalm of Approach
2. Jesus Loves Me
3. Ar Hyd Y Nos (with Carol)
4. Regent Square
5. Gwalchmai
6. Franconia
7. Walton
8. Maryton
9. Interlude #20 (with Carol)
10. Paderborn
11. Hymn of Joy
12. Lafferty (duet with Carol)
13. Royal Oak (with Carol)
14. See My Fingers
15. St. Denio
16. Jacob's Ladder (with Carol)
17. Mozart
18. Jankoy
19. Oranges and Lemons
20. Popeye Theme
21. Amen

Because my shoulders and neck have been bothering me quite a bit this year, there were some songs I had help with. Carol has been the one teaching and overseeing my bell ringing and has been a great help to me getting to this point. It's been a lot of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment