Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015: The Year in Review

Another year come and gone, hey? Well, it's been a delightful year... Much of 2015 was spent getting my business off the ground; however, plenty of fun was interspersed.

In July, we took our first family vacation ever as adults - a cruise from Anchorage, Alaska to Vancouver, BC to celebrate my dad’s 75th and my brother-in-law’s 40th birthdays. The highlight for me was Nugget Falls that fell nearby to Mendenhall Glacier, which was a short drive from Juneau. A walk through the woods took you a sandbar very close to the base of the falls. I was in awe being that close to something so powerful and beautiful!

In August, I attended church camp in Hungry Horse, Montana with my friend Korin. As we were just outside Glacier National Park, it was easy to explore a few different areas of it. The highlight here for me was a mountaintop meadow walk. I have seen many pictures of wildflower meadows in the mountains, and it was a special memory-making experience to walk through that setting.

In December, I finally attended the Dickens’ Festival in Carlyle. It was their 13th annual festival but my first time attending after wanting to go for years! My friend Patti and I went and enjoyed the shopping, period costumes and great food!

Although my year was delightful, it was not overly profitable. I began working full-time again in mid-December – filling a maternity leave for a year at the Court of Appeal for Saskatchewan. Hopefully I'll catch on fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment