Sunday, December 2, 2018

A Spot of Tea for my Birthday!

I try to do something different for my birthday each year, and this year was no exception. This afternoon, I and three of my friends went to Government House for their Christmas Tea!

This is a bit of a special event. First, there is only one was to get tickets. You fill out an application form that is entered into a draw. Second, this is done in September when almost no one is thinking about Christmas at all. I'd say this also explains why I've missed getting my application form in each of the last dozen years or so. Third, you have to be one of the lucky ones chosen. And, guess what? I was!

The tea was a lovely affair, and Government House was decorated to the hilt for Christmas. It was beautiful to see and lovely to experience - finally!




I'm glad I got the opportunity to attend a Christmas Tea. We had a wonderful time! Happily and surprisingly though, I prefer the regular monthly teas that aren't near as hard to get tickets for.

No comments:

Post a Comment