Friday, July 26, 2013

Item #20 - Stop and smell the flowers at a garden I haven't been to before

After touring Carberry, my sister Susan and I drove to Neepawa where we planned to stay the night. Surprisingly, Neepawa was the highlight of the trip - it's a beautiful town surrounded by rolling hills and full of historic buildings, green spaces and lots of lilies.

We came across numerous beautiful planters, flower beds, gardens and parks full of lilies in this 'Lily Capital', so I had my choice of places to stop and smell the flowers!



The annual Lily Festival had just taken place the weekend before we arrived in Neepawa, so there were hundreds (maybe thousands) of lilies in full bloom for us. This might have to become an annual trip!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this town and would consider moving here. So much history, beautiful brick buildings, the scenic airstrip, and lilies!

    ReplyDelete