Thursday, July 11, 2013

Item #37 - Attend an Outdoor Movie Event

A few years ago, something previously unheard of started taking place in Regina - outdoor movie events. It was something I had only previously seen in the movies, and although I had a desire to go and watch a movie on a big screen outdoors, I never went... until last night.

My friend Debra and I went to see Despicable Me being shown outdoors in downtown Regina. It was such a fun movie and we had many opportunities to chuckle and laugh out loud. The hero of the story was an unsuccessful villain named Gru (pronounced 'grew'), and he learned that relationships are more important than achievements through the help of three orphan girls that just happened to need someone to love them too.

Here are some fun lines from Despicable Me:

  • Gru: It's like my heart is a tooth, and it's got a cavity that can only be filled with children. 
  • Edith: When we got adopted by a bald guy, I thought this would be more like Annie.
  • Gru: [reading the book he wrote] One big unicorn, strong and free, thought he was happy as he could be. Then three little kittens came around and turned his whole life upside down. They made him laugh, they made him cry. He never should have said goodbye. And now he knows he can never part from those three little kittens that changed his heart.

Actually, the movie reminds me of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and how the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day... And I highly recommend both!



No comments:

Post a Comment