Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I should do something special today... after all, it is 12/12/12!

Two weeks ago, I celebrated my 'first' 39th birthday. And even before that I'd been thinking about my 40th birthday. What do I do on it, for it, leading up to it? How will I celebrate this milestone that ends in a zero?

Because of my love for travel, my dream is to go on a trip for my 40th birthday... and maybe I will. When I mentioned doing something special for my 40th birthday to a friend who reaches this milestone six months before me, she said she had several ideas from other friends because of what they were planning to do for their 40th birthdays well. One of those friends of a friend was going to do something fun every day for 40 days counting down to her birthday and planned to blog about each experience. Well, that got me thinking...

What could I do and blog about leading up to my 40th year? After a while, I came up with the answer. In the 11½ months leading up to my 40th birthday, I will make a list of 40 things (doable things) I want to do and can do in this limited time frame - a mini bucket list, if you will - and I will blog about each one as I do them. Perfect!

And so it begins...

There is no list yet. It will grow and evolve over time, even as I do some of the items on the list, cross them off and blog about them. My goal is simple: Do (try!) some of those things that interest me or push me outside of my comfort zone instead of just thinking about doing them some day.

The '40 Things' List

1. Go snowshoeing.
2. Serve a meal in a soup kitchen.
3. Eat something I've never tried before.
4. Visit a town in Saskatchewan that I've never been to before.
5. Plan my dream 40th birthday trip.

There we have it! The first five items on my mini bucket list. Stay tuned... I plan to accomplish one of these within the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment