Thursday, December 20, 2012

So, where did the blog title come from Jill?

I'm so glad you asked! I have a good answer for you...

When I was in my early teens, my family was invited to a surprise party for a friend's 40th birthday. Her husband had planned the whole thing, her sister's were flown in, and we all surprised her!

One of her sister's rewrote the words to a song and came up with "40 Here, 40 There, 40, 40 Everywhere." There were multiple verses, a lot of laughter - in fact, we laughed till we cried - and each time the chorus came around, we repeated, "40 here, 40 there, 40, 40 everywhere!"

While that surprise party took place about 25 years ago, sometimes it seems like it was just yesterday. And I suppose that's how the next 40 years will be too.

Psalm 90:12 in the Contemporary English Version (CEV) of the Bible says, "Teach us to use wisely all the time we have." Many will know that verse more commonly as "teach us to number our days..." What a great prayer to pray each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment